Thursday, July 1, 2010

An Uphill Battle

Positivity ain't easy!  You'd think it would be but for some strange reason it's not.

Right now I am struggling.  Despite relishing in my ah-ha moments yesterday, I am really struggling.

At the moment, my life is far from what I want it to be and to put it bluntly, it sucks.  Not being where you want to be in life is a miserable feeling.  I know that I am the only one who can change it and I have been working on it (see my other blog) but it's not there yet and won't be for a while.  I am unhappy and what do I do when I am unhappy?  I eat.  Surgery or not.  I eat.

To make matters worse, I am currently working in my parents' bakery.  Yes, you read that right, BAKERY.  Needless to say, it's not the ideal place for someone like myself to be spend 40 hours a week.  There are goodies all around.  Some days I am really good and don't touch a thing.  Other days, like today, I am constantly munching on a cookie here, cupcake there and before I know it, I have probably consumed 5 times what I should have for the day.  Then I begin my lovely shame cycle.

I know that eating is my coping mechanism.  I get that.  I also know that while at some point it was beneficial to me, it no longer is.  I am trying to figure out just how to love myself enough to get to the point where I can cope without turning to food.  So far, it seems rather elusive.  I know what I need to do but still I struggle.

So this was one of my forewarned woe-is-me blogs because today I am struggling...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne-Margaret!

    Thanks for you comment on my blog. By reading some of your posts, it sounds like we are in the same head space! It will be nice to read your blog and know I'm not the only one!! (I use a lot of exclamation points!)

    kb

    ReplyDelete