Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Revenge of the Cookie Monster

I've probably mentioned this before but if not, I work in a bakery.  A BAKERY!  My family owns a wholesale bakery where I am currently working as I await my transatlantic move this fall.

Needless to say, a bakery is far from the best place for a food addict/compulsive overeater like myself to be working.  I was doing so well last week.  I had gone a week and a half without having a single cookie but yesterday I cracked.  Hormones were too much for me and I cracked and for some reason I let yesterday's slip up, slide right into today.  I cracked again. 

Granted the 2 1/2 cookies I've had over the past two days is loads less then I was consuming prior to my refocusing on my "rules"/plan/self love/abstinence/whatever the hell you want to call it.  I do notice now that I am striving to eat more WLS friendly, as well as in a way to prevent the urge to binge, the cookies are almost too much for me to handle.  Still, I cracked. 

For a normal person this wouldn't be such a big deal but sadly, for me, someone with a food/sugar addiction, it can be if I don't acknowledge it.  I do/am acknowledging it though.  I know that I need to start looking inward and see just why I am reaching for cookies (besides hormones).  It is likely due to the large amount of stress I am under right now, anxiously awaiting my loan to finally be processed so that I can actually start moving forward with my life. 

I am not chastising myself for my slips though.  That is my old pattern.  Shame will get me no where.  I love myself regardless of my mistakes.  I will learn from them and move on. 

Here's to a better afternoon, sans cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne-Margaret!
    I can definitely relate to the cookie thing. Carbs = feel good & stress reducers.

    ReplyDelete