Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Morning Pills (8:00 am):
     Multi-Vitamin
     Calcium
     Wellbutrin

(Out of my Prilosec.  Need to restock ASAP!)

Breakfast (9:00 am):      
     Protein Smoothie (approx. 20 oz.) made with:
        10 oz. of Tropical Blend Diet V8 Splash
        1 Scoop Vanilla Max Protein
        2 tsp Fiber Supplement
        Mix of Frozen Fruits (Peaches, Blueberries, Mangos, and Strawberries)

Lunch (12:15 pm):
     From Hard Times Cafe:
        2/3 of a Grilled Chicken Breast topped with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon
        4-5 bites of Salad (No Dressing)

Slip-Up (2:00 pm):
     1/4 of a 2 oz. Double Chocolate Cookie from work 

I had to cover the front desk this afternoon and they often put samples out on the counter.  I was taking the samples to throw them out so I wouldn't munch on them myself and still ended up eating a piece.  At least it's better then having a whole cookie and I know myself well enough to know I couldn't stare at an entire tray of cookies for 3 hours and not be tempted.  So I guess, kudos for knowing that and taking action (even if I did stumble a bit).

Afternoon Snack (3:30 pm):
     9 Turkey Pepperonis
     Light String Cheese

I know some people are adamant about not snacking.  At first my surgeon was with me as well but at my last appointment I reiterated that I get very famished between meals, particularly lunch and dinner, and he said so long as my snacks are healthy and smaller then a meal, I can have one or two a day.  I tend to like string cheese, nuts, and fruits as snacks.

Dinner (5:45 pm):
     1 1/2 Eggs Scrambled with:
        Spinach
        Ham
        2% Cheddar and Provolone Cheese

Evening Snack (9:00 pm):
     1/2 No Sugar Added Apple Tart

I do regularly have some sort of sugar-free or no sugar added treat as an evening snack.  Since it's a planned snack, it helps to keep me from mindlessly eating all night long.  It also keeps me from gorging on sugary sweets.  It appeals to my taste for a treat but doesn't send me off on a binge.  I am still figuring out just what works for me and what doesn't.  This is all a learning process.

Nightly Pills (10:00 pm):
     Multi-Vitamin
     Iron

Fluids for the Day:
     20 oz. Protein Smoothie
     60 oz. Water

Spiritual/Emotional/Mental Work for the Day:
     OA Meeting

Activity for the Day:
     NONE

Need to get back to walking but it has been soooooo damn hot around here it's hard to get motivated.  I should just go to the Y and swim but I hate having to wash my hair every day.  All lame excuses, I know. 

Tomorrow's a new day.

Hope everyone had a good and healthy day.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the hair washing!

    congrats on throwing out the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like such a bad excuse but man it's a pain in the butt to have to wash and blow dry my hair every day. I have TONS of hair, even after losing a bunch, so it takes a good 45-60 minutes to properly blow dry it!

    ReplyDelete