Friday, July 16, 2010

I am NOT a runner!!!

It's official...

I AM NOT A RUNNER!

I have been getting back into follow all my lovely YouTube subscriptions to help get me over this hump with which I've been struggling.  It seems a lot of my fellow WLS vets have taken up running.  Well, I have never been to keen on running but I know my pup is so today on our walk, I tried to mix it up and add some running.  Well, as I said, I am NOT a runner!

Since I'm active in TNT, I know a lot of runners and I've also learned that anyone can do it but there are certain people who's physiques lend themselves to running more so then others.  Needless to say, I do NOT have one of these physiques. 

At other times in my life I may have beat myself up for this but honestly, I don't much mind.  I do love a good walk and I know that is just as beneficial and also less stress on my joints.  So, maybe I will never be a runner, or maybe I will learn to love it once I am down another 50-60 lbs or so.  Who knows?  But, either way, I am not beating myself up about it.  Whether or not I am running or walking, I am still moving, which is something I didn't do very much of when I was 350 lbs. 

So today's revelation is just a simple realization that moving in ways I like, matter far more then exactly how I am moving.  All in all, not a bad thing of which to be reminded.

And to all you runners out there, God bless ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment