Monday, June 21, 2010

Move it and lose it, Toots!

I move.  You move.  We all move. 

I don't exercise.  I despise exercise.  Exercise sucks.  It hurts.  It's hot.  It makes me cranky just thinking about it.  It shall be forever known as the "e-word".

Part of the whole WLS journey is adding the dreaded e-word into your routine.  I tried doing it and failed miserably so I stopped.  I stopped e-wording and started moving.  Moving suits me so much more then the e-word ever did or will.

The e-word is a loaded word.  It gets thrown around so much that it's become heavy with expectations.  I don't do well with those sorts of things because I am a perfectionist.  I MUST get my 30 minutes in a day.  I MUST sweat this much.  I MUST get my heart rate up to this level.  BALONEY!!!! 

So, now I move.  I listen to my lovely little (well smaller then before) body and she tells me what feels good and right.  She knows when I need a walk instead of a cookie.  She knows when a dip in the pool will do me just fine.  She knows when dancing around my room to really random music will make my heart sing.  She knows when chasing after a stinky mutt will actually be fun and not a penalty for not locking the gate.  She knows when that Pilate's class at the Y, that always leaves her just a little more sore then it seems like it should at the time, is actually just what the doctor ordered. 

You see, up until recently I didn't trust her.  I lived solely in my head and heart and forgot to give my lovely little body a say in what I was doing with her.  Shame on me!  She has a lot of great things to say and low and behold all this moving actually not only appeases Miss Corpal Loveliness but also eases and appeases the intellectual and emotional lovelinesses as well!  Who'da thunk it???

Does this mean that I always listen to Miss CL?  Nah!  Sometimes I can be a stubborn ox but I am learning more and more to listen to her and move it, move it, move it! 

I always feel so good once all's said and done and it's not even that ego stroke kind of, "I rock I did something good for myself.  I deserve a cookie." kind of feeling good either.  It is the my-lovely-lady-lumps-are-sore-and-lethargic-and-worked-all-to-goodness feeling good.  I sit down and I can feel each and every muscle I have so long neglected.  I can feel how each one connects to one another and to my lovely bones and tendons and how because of them I can MOVE in the first place!  I can feel them cool down after being warm from use and sheer pleasure of it all. 

So, every day I try and listen to Miss Corporal Lovely and move when she says move.  It works out so much better then the evil e-word.  You really should try it sometime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment