Wednesday, June 16, 2010

10 months and 100-some pounds later....

I had intentions of starting this blog even before I had my RNY Gastric Bypass in August 2009 but as they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."  So here I am, 10 months later, 100-some pounds lighter, and finally getting around to my first post. 

Why now?  Well, while my brain knew that weight loss surgery was not the magic bullet, my heart may not have gotten the message as I am now finding myself falling back into many old habits.  I feel that putting my thoughts and feelings on this whole thing out there for all the world to see might just help me get back to the place I want to be.  No, despite what many people might think, this is not about weight loss.  It's about making healthy long-lasting life-altering choices that will not only give my life more year but my years more life.

I will be using the space to talk about all things weight loss surgery related, food related, movement related (I don't exercise - I move), and hang-up related (let's be honest, that's what got us to this spot in the first place).  So, come along and join the ride.  I'd like to think that this diatribe might help to enlighten others but most of all, it's to enlighten (no pun intended) myself.

Welcome and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law had this surgery and, although the recovery process has been full of ups and downs, it was very beneficial. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I have had no major complications and recovery was easy peasy for me. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete